Website ThinkTank Management Consulting
Works better for you
Linux and Unix support engineer for Data Centre operations
Client: Our customer is one of the largest IT service providers in the world. Their Operational Control Centre (OCC) provides 7×24 IT services for their customers in Germany and Europe.
The typical services in the OCC are monitoring, management and L1/L2 support for Mainframe, Windows, Unix, Network, Storage, SAP, Cloud, and applications. The team troubleshoots the IT Infrastructure and is also responsible for coordination with Service Desks and Technical Team for identifying, resolving and escalating the issues.
- Monitoring and trouble shouting of UNIX-based systems (RHEL, SUSE Solaris and AIX)
- Support the the Application and Infrastructure L3 team for Infrastructure issues
- Create Incident tickets for outages/exceptions
- Monitor Servers by analysing Logs, Events, CPU Utilization, disk space etc.
- Document events through ITSM processes in ARS tool
- Co-ordination with vendors regarding issue resolving
- Install approved OS/Security/Application patches
- Update Configuration Management Database
- Assist in troubleshooting application/Middleware teams in issues arising out of patches applied
- Hardware replacement
- Start/stop/bounce process
- Performing operational tasks (cleanup, password resets, execute standard changes, processing operating orders)
- Document end user procedures on frequently asked tasks
- Document operations procedures and services
- Ensure Hardware/software configurations are in accordance with security policies
- Hardening of operating system
- Establish thresholds for CPU Utilization, disk space Usage etc.
- Ca. 1 to 2 years of experience in Unix/Linux monitoring and management
- Relevant experience in Unix/Linux and system administration
- Basic knowledge in ITIL Processes (Event, Incident, Request, Problem, Change, Release, Capacity, Availability)
- Basic Knowledge in ITSM tool IT user operations
- Basic Knowledge in Monitoring tool console operation for Infrastructure Management
- Fluent in German, English desired
- Standby duties out of normal office hours may be required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com